Monday, May 4, 2009

Detroit must not be destroyed

I mean the cars that Detroit makes. If a woman can't walk past a window full of shoes then a man can't stay out of a car showroom. But what showroom? Hummer? Only if Rommel surrounds Palm Springs. Corvette? It is the fastest way to enlarge the penis non-surgically.
Dodge Polara, Chevy Agammemnon, Barracuda? None of the above. I mean the cars that Detroit is going to build starting today. GM destroyed the electric car and now it will destroy GM. But there's still Ford and La Dolce Dodge and the technology is now coming up to speed. When I worked on car advertising in Detroit I drove an old VW Bug and was told to park as far away from the agency as possible. Rightly so since everyone else was car crazy over Pontiacs and Cadillacs. I was told that when the head guy at GM died he wanted to come back as a V8 engine.

1 comment:

  1. The UAW traded huge concessions in jobs, benefits and retirement obligations for 39% and 50% equity stakes in GM and Chrysler. Can the UAW still represent the rank and file if a threat to strike will hurt share prices, and consequently, reduce the value of the trust fund used to pay health-care costs? All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others, indeed. I think I know who Napoleon is in this dystopian story. My question is, who is Boxer? Good-bye Detroit. Good-bye Manor Farm.

    ReplyDelete