Friday, June 1, 2012

Peggy gives her notice on "Mad Men"

Who can blame her? She won't be allowed to work on the glamor account. She doesn't get to share the lobster dinner with the rest of the creative staff. She does a brilliant impromptu save on an account and when she and the team report to Don, the creative director, he sneers and throws a wad of bills at her. I often yell at the program since I had many similar experiences in my own Mad Man career and so last Sunday I shouted to Peggy: “Leave, leave, it's over “. She's going, and for more money, the best revenge. When you're not valued go where you will be. The final insult, and a grave new turn in the plot, is when a prospective client asks the boys if he can sleep with Joan. She agrees, providing she gets a partnership, more money, etc. Only the conflicted Don tries to stop her. But she goes ahead and they get the account. These things happen but I have lost all respect for that ad agency. All they care about is the sale. No philosophy there and no loyalty either. I've worked at a few shops like that and it's no place to be anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment