Monday, June 29, 2009

The Flat Belly Press & The Post It Note Diet

I love browsing the magazine stands, especially the men's section. They all promise to give you rock-hard abs...a belly built like a six pack etc. The only guy I ever knew who subscribed to Men's Health was grossly overweight and resembled the character in Smilin' Jack who was always popping a shirt button. Can you read yourself into a flat belly? I couldn't. I do 60 sit ups a day on a contraption called the Ab Roller. It works and I have a belly I'm not ashamed of. As for diets there is no end to them so they must not work very well. I haven't seen The Darfur Diet yet but it's coming I'm sure. Publishing isn't wisdom, it's an ad industry with a regular schedule and predictable content. For women it's always "Seven signs your mate is having an affair". For readers of The Economist it's always "India is at a crossroads". For Entrepreneurs it's "How I made millions from lint". Want the real skinny? Get the smallest post it note and write on it: "Eat less. Exercize more. Live longer". Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment