Friday, July 27, 2012

Mitt Romney, Nowhere Man

Although I won't be voting for Gov. Romney let me say I think he is a good American. But golly Miss Molly he sure can put his foot in his mouth. He had the misfortune to question arrangements for the London Olympics. Nothing really serious but the Brits are, how shall we say, a little brittle these days. The PM extolled London and said, “it's not like putting on an Olympics in the middle of nowhere”. I agree, but those Mormon souls in Utah were not amused. Sigh. What's coming on his next two stops; in Israel he might say that some of his best friends are Jewish; in Poland he can tell jokes like: What does it say on the bottom of a Coke bottle in Warsaw...open other end. I think the problem is that he is a rich guy and there is no one to fire him or reprimand him so he tells it like it is (for him). I only wish he were funnier like James Watt, the Secy. Of the Interior who was asked a few years ago if he backed Indian rights and he said, unequivocally “Without any reservations”.

No comments:

Post a Comment